CULTURAL ATTRACTIONS: THINGS TO DO
Many area attractions provide discounts to Okoboji area employees. In order to receive the local discount, it is common to show a copy of your paystub and ID as evidence that you are working in the area. Be sure to ask if an attraction or show offers discounts before purchasing tickets! Your employer may be able to help in providing information about great local discounts to shows and attractions.
Make sure that you take some time to explore the beautiful Iowa Great Lakes area and all the region has to offer. Here are a few suggestions to keep you busy!
- Go swimming and have a snack at Arnolds Park
- Join the Wednesday Night Volleyball league
- Visit the Iowa Great Lake Maritime Museum
- Take in a FREE movie on Wednesday nights at Arnolds Park
- Check out all the shopping at the Central Emporium, Arnolds Park or the Three Sons!
- Play a round of frisbee golf!
- Take a ride on the Historic Queen II and see Okoboji from the lake!
- Visit the Nature Center!
- Explore Okoboji by kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard at Okoboji Boat Works and Extreme Watersports in Arnolds Park
- Pearson Art Center plenty of activities for the kids and parents.
- Abie Gardner Cabin during the summer months
- A summer in Okoboji would not be complete without taking in a Saturday in the Park!
- Join the YMCA and enjoy the pool, gym, fitness classes to name a few!
- Visit the Spirit Lake Fish Hatchery and learn about the wildlife in the lake!
- Play tennis for free at Speier Park